Sunday 5 March 2017

OUGD602 - Hepworth Wakefield Print Fair Visit

Today I paid a visit to the Hepworth Wakefield Print Fair for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I was feeling low on inspiration, so I thought it would be an excellent place to go to feel visually inspired and check out the direction in which traditional print is heading in 2017. I have always had a love and appreciation for printed matter, so these sorts of events are constantly on my radar. 

Secondly, I viewed this event as an excellent opportunity to build up casual conversation with practicing artists and designers, push myself to network and to potentially gain some form of a placement or a studio visit. I did my rounds of the event and came across a couple of names which I was already aware of and a few that were new.

I approached the YUCK print house stall and got chatting with them about the possibility of a studio visit and they were all too happy to say yes, which I found really encouraging after all of the rejections I have received over the last few weeks. 

YUCK don't do any actual design work themselves, they simply print other people's work using a variety of analogue printing methods, which is something I am very intrigued about. They represent the works of a range of artists, designer's and printmakers, some of whom really appeal to me. I look forward to visiting their studio space in Manchester soon simply to get an idea of what a typical day's work is like for them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment