Wednesday 16 March 2016

OUGD502 - Brief 02 - Evaluating My Online Presence

I have had a Twitter account since 2011, however I hadn't used it for a long time. The last time that I made a tweet was 2014. I had grown tired and bored of the content that was coming up on my newsfeed and just slowly stopped engaging with it. I wasn't really using it for anything productive, I used it to chat to friends and make random, pointless passing comments about my life at the time. I decided to wipe all of my old Tweets to start a fresh. I updated my bio and changed all of the account settings including my original handle which was wolfe_boy. My new Twitter handle is wolfies_works - I did this to make my online more professional and representational of the creative I see myself as being right now. I am going to start using Twitter to promote my practice, get people to see my work, contact practitioners and studios and just generally use it to be more productive and efficient in communication.


I also decided to create a Tumblr account for the first time since being in secondary school. Tumblr is a great place to find creative inspiration. I created an account to use as an online mood board and to occasionally share my work. I see Tumblr as an excellent platform for casual self promotion. People that use it tend to be creatively in tune and it is a great place to get recognised or find other people that share similar creative interests and concerns.






formslastsdisappears.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment