Saturday 5 March 2016

OUGD502 - PAGES: Leeds

ArtStream

Bound Unbound at Leeds Beckett University




I paid a visit to the PAGES International Artists book fair at the Tetley as I had seen it advertised around college and on social media. I thought it would be worth while going down to the Tetley as it is an excellent contemporary art space which I am fond of and I am always intrigued to check out shows and exhibitions surround DIY publishing and editorial design. 

There was a wonderful range of design on offer and for sale. I came across a stool hosted by BA Graphic Design students from Leeds Beckett University who were showcasing some of their recent work produced for briefs on their course. I saw one book which was in the style of a comic strip which caught my eye in particular. It tackled issues surrounding battery farmed chickens. I was drawn to it because it ties in with the issues I am exploring in OUGD505.

There were some great photography books on offer as well and some really interesting zines/illustrated story books. It was a nice trip out and I came away feeling inspired and determined to make some design of my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment