Tuesday 15 March 2016

OUGD502 - Promotional Pack - Creative CV & Zine Portfolio

I decided to re-evaluate my creative CV from level 04, as obviously my skills, interests and passions have naturally evolved since then, so it wouldn't make sense to to not update such an important thing. I also decided to reconsider the design of my mini portfolio, which showcases my work in the style of a zine. 

I kept the creative CV highly minimal in content and aesthetic, because I didn't feel it was necessary to go into lots of detail about my academic past. I am starting to learn and realise that academic success isn't everything in the creative world. Really, your personality should shine through in your work, and your portfolio show shine with excellent examples of really well informed, well executed pieces of visual communication that truly represent your style. Therefore, a boring, dry and predictable CV is not required especially if you believe in the work you produce. I am feeling increasingly confident in the work I am doing on the course and in commercial settings. I believe this growing confidence is shining through in my re-evaluated personal branding. 



The updated zine portfolio is just as minimalistic and follows a similar aesthetic to the CV. It feels more mature and realised. Looking back at my personal branding from level 04, I definitely didn't know who I was and didn't really put much thought into how I wanted to communicate my practice effectively. I feel that my branding this year is a lot more representational of the creative that I am now at this point in time. The zine is A6, which makes it very easy to carry about with you. It will be ideal to hand over to clients and generally anyone I have a conversation with that they can take away and remember me by. This was a concious design decision. 








No comments:

Post a Comment