Thursday 17 March 2016

OUGD502 - Brief 02 - Where Do I See Myself Going?

      My dream would be to work in either Berlin or Amsterdam. I have been to these cities and felt really relaxed and at home there. Honestly I don’t know exactly where I see myself going. I think I would integrate well in design agency or studio like HORT, Node or Only in Leeds. I know I have interests and passions for editorial, poster and identity/branding design, and these studios do a lot of his. These are areas I think I would flourish in in industry.. To make work that excites me and makes me happy is always the ultimate goal for me. I am always striving to be as experimental as possible in my work. 

      Taking care of business was a great exercise because it allowed me to realise that I don’t really see myself setting up a studio straight away after graduating. I am not saying that I wouldn’t consider doing it at some point in my career but I know that I wouldn’t have the confidence to leave uni and start a business.   

      Plans for summer. I want to enter lots of competitons, continue researching and getting in contact with creatives, do some work experience with a photographer that I am related to, have an amazing time interraling and volunteering at festivals. I value experience and think that they influence my practice much more than contextual studies ever will. What I see and absorb really drives my creative concerns. I want to really try to talk to as many people as I can throughout summer and level 6. 

      Goals for level 06:
      Get my name out there and continue entering as many competitions as possible. Look for as many creative opportunities outside of college as I can through being confident and sending out my promotional pack to as many places as I can. I want to really enjoy the last year of the course and make the most of the resources available to me while I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment