Tuesday 2 February 2016

OUGD502 - Brief 02 - Collaboration

A friend of mine occasionally gets approached by local bands in Leeds regarding album cover design. She is a fine artist and painter and has her own distinct style and artistic vision. She painted a vinyl sleeve design but was unsure on how to prepare it for commercial print. I took her artwork, scanned it in using the college facilities and manipulated it digitally. I touched up the artwork using Photoshop, making sure the colour space was appropriate and the bleed was present. I then transferred the artwork to Illustrator, setting up the appropriate dimensions with bleed and crop marks. I then compressed the work and sent it back to the artist. As far as I am aware, the band was pleased with the work and I was happy to be of help. It was a good learning experience and it is always fun helping out a friend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment