Monday 15 February 2016

OUGD502 - Brief 01 - Dreams List Update

One of the first things that we did when starting level 05 was to think about our future aspirations, as realistic or unrealistic as possible. We were encouraged to dream big, but on reflection, I don't really think that I did this. 

Throughout PPP so far, I have been considering my future hopes and goals and ultimately dreams. I have been putting a lot of thought into what I want to achieve for myself in terms of my creative career and lifestyle. 

One thing that has been on my mind a lot is the thought of potentially setting up an arts cafe in Leeds with a couple of my friends who aren't at LCA. They share similar creative interests with me in terms of art, design, music and food, so it would be a great set up if it were ever to happen. This would be a dream set up, because I would be able to create prints and artwork and other material to sell at the shop at my own pace and would also get to help out with the catering side of the business. Combing two of my biggest passions, creativity and food. This is a route that I would see my self possibly exploring at some point after graduating from the college.

Other things that I would love to experience and achieve:

I would really love to work internationally at least once in my life. Ideally in a European city such as Berlin, Prague Barcelona or in an American city such as New York, Chicago or Boston. Experiencing another culture is always beneficial to creativity and inspirit on. Moving to another country would be an amazing opportunity to broaden my creative horizons.

I would like to work in a small studio, making work that has a positive impact locally, nationally and globally, but mostly locally. Nous Vous, a studio that formed in Leeds is a perfect example of a place that I feel I would integrate and work well in and get something out of the process. There work they produce is community orientated and doesn't pretend to be anything more than it is in terms of scale and production. There are now six members of the collective and they have managed to carve a name of for themselves in London through a colourful and community minded approach to creativity, born from close personal relationships and making things fun in the everyday. I also really dig their aesthetic.


No comments:

Post a Comment