Monday 29 February 2016

OUGD502 - Creative Report - Unsuccessful Conversations

For the creative report, I decided to contact a number of creative practitioners so that I would have a lot of content to work with and to generally start to build up a good contact base within the industry. I contacted CURE3S in Brighton several times, Kraffhics collective in Leeds a couple of times and Peter Judson in London twice. None of them got back to me which  was disappointing but not the end of the world.

I am sure that they were very busy and just didn't have the time or effort to reply back to a simple email which has taught me that in the future I need to think outside of the box and take a more creative, proactive approach to contacting professionals. Emails get lost nowadays because there are so many being sent. They simply don't attract the attention of people nowadays. I was aware of this before contacting them, and if I am being honest, I emailed them because of laziness. I could have quite easily written them letters by hand or designed a leaflet/poster and sent it off to them. I will do this in future to gain more contacts.

I did get two successful replies from people via email that I really admire and desperately wanted replies form, so that made me happy and feel confident. I look forward to hopefully maintaining contact with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment