Sunday 28 February 2016

OUGD502 - Brief 02 - Why a Promotional Pack?

Self-promotion is vital if you want to stay connected with people you've worked for, and reach out to and impress others. Therefore it is important to refine identity collateral and consider compiling it into a professional looking, well rounded promotional pack. I believe it is important to keep the promotional pack simple and refined, as I think it is important to not give too much of yourself away when you are first starting out. There should always be inspirational value in the work you show, and it should feature your own personal techniques that set you apart. It is also interesting to try and entice people in by not revealing too much, so quite a minimalistic promo pack is something I want to produce.

I took a look on Behance at some of the most appreciated self branding projects for some inspiration and pointers in this area. Below are some of my favourite pieces I came across:

 

Booklet portfolios interest me a lot. I think they are an excellent way of showcasing your work in quite a casual tone of voice. I think a portfolio should be ever changing and evolving with your practice, and a small publication is a great way of keeping up and maintaining an ever evolving image. Below are some images of small portfolios that I found interesting:






No comments:

Post a Comment