Saturday 27 February 2016

OUGD502 - Promotional Pack - Final Voucher

I thought it would be an interesting, conceptual idea to offer people a discount voucher in my promotional pack. This would allow my client to get a reduced rate for my work, but only for the first brief that I complete for them. I thought this would be a cheeky idea and would make me more memorable to prospecting clients. I would only ever hand these vouchers out to people in person. They would function well with freelance or self initiated projects, it wouldn't be appropriate to send them out to design studios/agencies.

I understand that 50% is a massive reduction from my standard hourly rate, and it could appear to cheapen my practice or put me at a disadvantage. I believe that it is a drastic measure to take and a risk, but realistically, when I start out in a creative industry upon graduation, I am going to be desperate for work, and its tactics such as this that could secure me initial work. It is a bold move to make but I think it is well informed and would work well. 






No comments:

Post a Comment