Saturday 27 February 2016

OUGD502 - Brief 02 - Personal Branding - Final Business Cards

My final business card designs are very straightforward. They use minimal colour, type and patter and reflect the creative person that I am at this current period in my studies. The designs are consistent with the aesthetic of the rest of my branding and feel highly professional to me. The cards play off the theme of moons and the various phases that the moon goes through during its monthly cycle. This conceptually communicates the various cycles, processes and phases I go through as a creative creature. On the front of the card is a simplistic repeat pattern of my iconic logo design. On the back of the card you can find my contact details and a section which has been left blank deliberately to open up further communication. The left hand side of the card can be used to scribble, doodle or write ideas on. This simple touch would create great opportunity for conversation if I were handing out my business card in person to someone I had just met. 

I think my re-evaluated designs feel fresh, sophisticated and represent me honestly as the creative creature I see myself as currently. I printed out the cards on some really lovely GF Smith grey board, which was a good experimental decision. The prints didn't look that great on this particular stock, so I will need to reassess the stock decision if I decide to actually bulk print my business cards. For the moment though, I am very pleased with how they look and don't really think they need any more work until I evolve into a new creative creature. 




No comments:

Post a Comment