Thursday 18 February 2016

OUGD502 - 'Me' Study Task

In groups of four, we were asked to discuss how the others perceive each other. We were encouraged to make a list of perceptions, identifications that describe exactly how we see each other, being as honest and perceptive as possible.

We each wrote a list of things including how we perceive the person individually, mentally, physically, social and so on. The aim here was to gain a very comprehensive, wide reaching list as possible.

Here is how I am perceived by my peers:

Physically: confident, I do me, nice fashion sense

Mentally: experimental, open minded, focused, determined, gets stuck in and really enjoys the processes of designing and making, always has cool conceptual ideas, critical thinker, committed to the course and everything to do with visual communication

Socially: warm hearted, friend focused, fun to be around, funny, witty, very friendly and relaxed

The points that I received from my peers made me feel really positive and confident about myself. Most of the comments raised were things that I already knew about myself, as I constantly reflect about myself on a daily basis and actually strive to maintain my positive personality components. I would be surprised if people wrote things down that I didn't personally already see and perceive in myself. I pride myself on being friendly, open minded, tolerant, relaxed and easy to be around.

My interpretation of their perceptions


No comments:

Post a Comment