Monday 29 February 2016

OUGD502 - Brief 02 - IDPURE Magazine/Blog

I spend a lot of my time on the internet searching for exciting, contemporary sources of inspiration, usually taking form in design, art and culture blogs. I came across a wonderful blog named IDPURE. It uses Tumblr which is a great creative resource that I use to find inspiration. I can easily like and repost inspiring pieces of visual communication I discover this way.


IDPURE is conceived and developed by professionals in the domain of creation. By its content and its unique visual aspect, our magazine offers a high-quality medium and an outstanding way of reaching the market and the professions in the area of visual creation.
The blog is a meeting place dedicated to the universe of graphic design, design and visual creation. It is addressed to professionals working in these areas and people who are sensitive to and interested in their visual aesthetic and accompanying visual culture. 
I make sure to refer back to it often to keep up to date with contemporary visual communication. The magazine is Swiss based, which is important in relation to graphic design. I am attracted to Swiss minimalism and modernism and the blog certainly contains content that fit these categories. My style is definitely not modernist, but I appreciate it as a movement and take inspiration from certain areas within the style. I have definitely built up an appreciation for modernism since first year on the course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment