Monday 29 February 2016

OUGD502 - Personal Branding Inspiration

I was scanning Behance when I came across this beautiful collaboration between Dutch designer Marta Veludo and Restored. The work is titled White, Soft and Black refers to Kandinsky painting that inspired Veludo, a champion of colour in design, to work in black and white. The shawl contains a subtle sun & moon themed monochrome print celebrating the holiday season.

Kandinsky is one of my favourite abstract artists, so this body of work is inspiring in a number of ways for me. What I really love about it is the subtle geometric references to the moon. Last year, I based my entire self branding/identity on the moon, as it makes a witty reference to my surname whilst also being a play on the word. I saw it and became instantly inspired to create my own patterns, textures and shapes for my revised self branding for this PPP module.

I didn't copy the work directly in my experimentation, I merely took inspiration from the aesthetics and tailored it to represent my creative persona and personal aesthetic. I am going to keep my personal branding monochromatic this year, as I feel this is communicates a sophisticated message. My branding was mainly monochrome last year, with some injections of colour, I feel this is something that doesn't really need to be changed. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment